FTF Films

"Transmitting multi-dimensional sound & light waves
of unity & truth into the infinite vortex of the now."

FTF Films 'communicates?' with Scott Meredith of Conscious Media Network

Date Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 5:11 PM

"Dear Scott & Regina,

My name is Derek Gedney and I'm contacting you regarding the use of some of the video content on your website. First, I must unconditionally thank you both for all of the amazing and heartfelt conscious work you have complied and produced. I've been coming to your website regularly for the past few years [since 2007] and I finally had to subscribe a few weeks ago. [sorry I took so long]

Since then, I've been viewing many of your full interviews that were never free to view before... and this is what brings me to my question. I would like to know if you would allow me to produce a feature length documentary film [1hr30min] that uses only your material? I'm not looking to make any monetary gain because I'd rather not support 'that system'. This would be a free 'online' only film created solely to educate the masses and promote all of your hard work.

I have to point out that I am in no way a 'professional' filmmaker, I am self taught in almost everything I do. I am a music producer, song writer and sound engineer by trade, and with the advancement in computers and the whole Youtube craze over the past decade, video production has become something I, myself... have 'had' to learn along the way. While undergoing this whole process in my life... I woke up =) Now, everything I do is conscious / truth / education related... and free of charge if possible.

To be truthfully honest with you both... the film I am asking to make with your content... is already made. I was just so overwhelmed with inspiration from watching all of your interviews for the past 3 days and I couldn't help but go with that energy. I'm not even sure how I did it by myself so fast, kind of felt guided in a way... which is why I went with it. But I could never release this creation to the public without your friendship, blessings and support.

I await your response, thank you.

Namaste~
Derek Gedney"


Date Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 6:06 PM

"Dear Derek,

I applaud your enthusiasm and am very happy you have found value from the information. However, as much as it pains me to say this, I am afraid we cannot allow you to release this film on any platform. There are many reasons for this but mainly it is because we have certain agreements with each individual we have filmed.

There have been a couple of professional film makers/producers who have paid for the use of small snippets from our library to highlight an existing video they have produced themselves, ($1000 a minute is industry standard), and it has been made in collaboration with us as a co-producing partner.

Many people in this arena want to create there own movie, but it is more often than not an compilation of clips of other people's works. I'm sure you can imagine what might transpire if you did this in the music industry, even if the music was spiritual/inspirational/purposeful and lead people to a great understanding of themselves.

We are not trying to suppress the information in any way, it is just that it is still part of the system of protocols within the film industry and there is too much work to do to clear each video and control other people from doing the same thing with the resulting production, without our or our interviewees permission.

Sorry to disappoint but I hope you understand!

Just as a small point, all our video interviews were free to view in their entirety up until our last change in April 2010. They have been free in full length format since our inception and even with a voluntary subscription they became free the month after release. You may have missed this aspect of what we were offering at the time. With regards to full length feature films we show in our Movie section, these can only be previews/trailers due to the release restrictions of each movie studio/producer.

All the best

Scott Meredith
Executive Producer
Conscious Media Network Inc."


Date Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 7:21 PM

"Dear Scott,

From one media producer to another... that's too bad. Not too bad for me, but too bad for you. It's too bad for you because you're still operating in "part of the system of protocols within the film industry" that restricts you from acting for the betterment of all humanity. I was under the impression that CMN was beyond that system of irrelevant control and "being the change" as Gandhi would say. Now I know otherwise.

I honestly didn't even have to ask for your permission... because my production is a FAIR USE of your media. I wanted to offer it to you as a gift in appreciation for your hard work... but you're more concerned with "dead corporate legalities" it seems.

Aren't we supposed to be moving away from supporting the systems that keep us enslaved? How can you do what you do, and then play by "their rules" in the end?

If you want to get monetarily technical... you would owe me for the time, skill, knowledge and equipment used in making this production. What's the "industry standard" for a job like that?

I just wanted to be honest with you and put the offer out there for the sake of free love & gratitude. I guess I'll just have to cut all that up and throw it away now. I wonder how much potential "money" I'll be throwing away... hhhmm??


Namaste~
Derek Gedney"


Date Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 11:25 PM

"Dear Derek,

So let me understand you here. You're saying that my wife reads researches a hundred or so authors, then we get permission from someone to go interview them at our expense, film the conversation, edit it on our equipment and prepare it for the web in multiple formats and then post it on a site that I programmed and upkeep everyday where we have to pay bandwidth charges for people to watch the content, I then need to pay you for taking it and making it into a "film" to give away to everyone in the spirit of free love and gratitude?

Scott Meredith
Executive Producer
Conscious Media Network Inc."


Date Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 12:37 AM

"Dear Scott,

You are the one who brought up a legal monetary issue... I never asked to be compensated with money. I simply conformed to your train a thought and put myself in your position as an example. I do exactly what you & your wife do out of my own pocket as well Scott, except I do it all alone. I was doing a favor, from the bottom of my heart... for you, your wife, your members and your website to give you appreciation of all those things you do and aren't compensated for. I only wanted to give it to you guys and put it online free to view in order to promote your website. Like I said in my first email.... money isn't the issue here.... I am only attempting to freely help CMN. But I get the feeling you don't want any free help.


Namaste~
Derek Gedney"


Date Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 12:55 AM

"Dear Derek

Why don't we just settle on you doing what you do for a living without my intervention, and vice versa.

Scott Meredith
Executive Producer
Conscious Media Network Inc."


Date Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 12:59 AM

"Wow dude... now that's what I call conscious spirituality and unconditional unity. Do you treat all of your subscribers in this manor Scott?


Namaste~
Derek Gedney"


Date Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 1:26 AM

"Dear Derek

I think if you read your initial email you would realize how you come across.

We this what we do as our livelihood, it is our profession. For you to say that a) we need help, b) you don't need our permission to use our material and c) that we need your favors is not only incredibly naive but incredibly rude and presumptuous.

Scott Meredith
Executive Producer
Conscious Media Network Inc."


Date Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 1:39 AM

"Listen... if you want to perceive my initial email as some kind of negative impact on your own insecurities Scott, that's fine... but don't blame me for your own insecurities. I was in no way "incredibly rude and presumptuous." If my name was George Lucas you would not be behaving this way... so I will say this one more time.... I was only attempting to help... for everyone's sake.


Namaste~
Derek Gedney"


-------------------------------------------------------------

I have yet to receive a response.